You will need to upload a completed Employment Application when you apply for any opening.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
Essential job functions and duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Follow and obey work procedures as defined by the company work process manual
· Follow and obey company policies as defined by the company employee handbook
· Read and thoroughly understand the Job Ticket before starting each job
· Achieve optimal set-up, change-over, and wash up time
· Operate at the highest speed possible without compromising job quality and crew safety
· Produce jobs according to the specifications and instructions written on the job ticket
· Produce jobs at a quality level that meets or exceeds the customers’ satisfaction
· Properly identify and “flag” labels that have questionable quality
· Minimize unnecessary waste and spoilage of materials such as paper, ink, chemicals and other supplies
· Facilitate post-press operations with properly printed rolls
· Perform routine maintenance/repairs and cleaning of the printing presses
· Maintain cleanliness and order in vicinity of the printing presses
· Take good care of the printing presses as well as other company properties
· Accurately record all necessary job data to ensure consistency for future orders
· Properly file away materials such as inks, dies, plates, label samples, and plate envelop
· Exhibit courtesy, patience and technical competency when working directly with customers
· Maintain professionalism and good working relationship with fellow co-workers
· Provide technical training and guidance to other employees
· Make continuous improvement in the execution of all tasks described above
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, education and/or abilities required for the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
· Ability to proficiently read, write and communicate in the English language.
· Knowledge of basic math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, and units of measure); ability to count accurately and effectively.
· Knowledge of all Flexo printing MR and Running techniques
· Basic PC skills (in-house applications and programs).
· Ability to read and understand written instructions and job tickets; ability to comprehend verbal instructions.
· Strong knowledge of production methods, systems, and continuous-improvement processes applicable to position.
· Ability to assume new job duties/responsibilities.
· Ability to work effectively and efficiently alone or as part of a team.
· Ability to meet Company’s SOP standards for quality, work effectiveness, work quantity, and productivity levels.
· Ability and willingness to read, understand, and adhere to all Company policies, work rules, and safety rules that are applicable to position and production areas.
· Willingness and ability to influence team-members in safety work practices.
· Ability to accurately complete job-generated forms, reports, and documents.
· Ability to perform the physical requirements of the job (manual dexterity, standing requirements, etc).
· Color vision acuity to detect various customer color codes.
· Ability to maintain a quality-minded focus at all times.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & TRAINING
· High School Diploma or equivalent GED Certificate; and
· Five (5) or more years of work experience in Printing; or
· Any combination of experience, education, and training that provides the level of knowledge, skills, and experience needed to successful perform the job.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK CONDITIONS
The essential functions of this job require the employee to perform the following physical activities during the course of work:
· Communicates orally with management, team members, and other employees, in one-on-one or group settings.
· Position requires the incumbent to stand while performing job duties (typically for 8-hours or more per day).
· Position requires the incumbent to walk, stoop, bend, kneel, lift, and reach, in the performance of job function.
· Manual dexterity required (repetitive arm and wrist movement such as grasping, gripping); exposure to arm and wrist fatigue. Position also requires the ability to use hands to write/print legibly, and the use of hands to operate PC.
· Lifting requirements for this position: 35-40 lbs.
· Specific vision abilities include close and distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth vision, color acuity, and the ability to adjust focus as needed/required.
· Noise level in this work environment is typically moderate to high (depending on productivity levels).
· Ability to work in a fast-paced, demanding work environment to meet customer delivery dates.