You will need to upload a completed Employment Application when you apply for any opening.
Perform preventative / reactive maintenance for all Printing Presses and Press equipment. Produce high quality pharmaceutical printed product in compliance with SOP’S, WI’S, and Company Policies. Work closely with Department Manager and Lead Operator to develop an efficient work environment.
Must have minimum 1 year experience in offset/flexo printing processes. Must be mechanically sound to perform maintenance on offset and flexo printing presses. Strive to deliver the highest quality product to the customer.
SIGNIFICANT NON-DEPARTMENTAL INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL WORKING RELATIONSHIPS:
Primary internal contacts include all manufacturing departments, Customer Service, Structural Design, Graphics, Sales and Management. External contacts may include Customer Quality Auditors in which you are required to describe all quality and maintenance procedures.
· Maintain and apply all safety guidelines in the pressroom
· Submit accurate paperwork
· Understand 3c GMP’s and SOP’s
· Perform daily, monthly, and yearly PM on presses
· Perform all Offset and Flexo press skills: roll stand, in-feed, web guide, printing unit, sheeter and stacker set up and maintenance. Installation of plates, blankets, bending, mounting, packing of plates and blankets. Use and care of the packing gauge, roller settings, roller installation, ink fountain maintenance and repair, ink and water balance, ink settings, registration, perf and iron wheel setup and maintenance, press console functions and controls, removal and installation of print inserts, bearer pressure settings, densitometer principles and operation.
· Make offset plates
· Troubleshooting: web tension, breakage, wrinkles, registration, impressions, form rollers, water, ink transference, plates, scumming, piling, picking, emulsification, sheeter, slurring, jamming, edge tears at sheeter, dog ears, knife cutting.
· Manage your process with limited supervision.
· Work closely with Department Manager and Lead Operator to develop process improvements. Communicate issues and concerns. Be on time for work and breaks.
· Cooperate and communicate with co workers
· Train potential operators
· Heavy lifting required
· Comply with all department and company policies.
· Other tasks / duties as assigned.
· Related Press experience, preferably with large format Heidelberg presses
· Mechanical experience with printing / graphic arts equipment – 2+ years experience
· Pharmaceutical cGMP knowledge -1+ year experience
· Computer skills – data collection of time and materials – detail oriented.
· Setup and troubleshooting of press equipment within a specified time.
· High School diploma or equivalent
· Must be able to lift, push or pull 50 lbs. maximum
· Ability to reach, kneel, bend, turn at waist, walk and crouch at varying levels