You will need to upload a completed Employment Application when you apply for any opening.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION The roll examining operator duty is to ensure that all label, sachet and unsupported film materials are examined ensuring all non-conforming materials are removed from the finished roll and that the finished rolls meet all customer specifications for splices, wind position, qty., core size, and outside diameter. They will make ready and run the examining machines. Duties also include closing out PCR and ensuring labeling and pack-out and backside numbering meet customer specifications. ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES Essential job functions and duties include, but are not limited to, the following: • Follow and obey work procedures as defined by the company work process manual
• Follow and obey company policies as defined by the company employee handbook
• Read and thoroughly understand the Job Ticket before starting each job
• Perform line clearances in accordance to SOP
• Stage appropriate WIP for examining scanning the LVS bar code to ensure the LVS RIMS QC functions are performed correctly prior examining the printed rolls
• Setup and run orders meeting estimated allotted times
• Examine orders per customer specifications ensuring all press start waste and non-conforming materials are not wound into the finished rolls
• Operate both horizontal and vertical shaft machines
• Produce jobs at a quality level that meets or exceeds the customers’ satisfaction
• Properly identify and remove labels that do not conform to customer specifications or 3C quality standards
• Minimize unnecessary waste and spoilage of printed materials
• Facilitate post-press operations with properly printed rolls (qty., rewind direction, LVS labels in correct position etc.)
• Perform routine maintenance/repairs and cleaning of the examining machines and ink jet numbering machines
• Maintain cleanliness and order in vicinity of the examining machines
• Take good care of examining equipment as well as other company properties
• Accurately record all necessary job data to ensure consistency for future orders
Job Title: Labels Roll Examining Operator
Reports To: PRESSROOM MANAGER Effective Date: MAY 2016 Classification: HOURLY
• Exhibit courtesy, patience and technical competency when working directly with customers
• Maintain professionalism and good working relationship with fellow co-workers
• Provide technical training and guidance to other employees
• Make continuous improvement in the execution of all tasks described above
• Other duties as assigned by management
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, education and/or abilities required for the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions: KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES • Ability to proficiently read, write and communicate in the English language.
• Knowledge of basic math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, and units of measure); ability to count accurately and effectively.
• Knowledge of Flexo printing MR and Running techniques as well as Examining techniques
• Basic PC skills (in-house applications and programs).
• Ability to read and understand written instructions and job tickets; ability to comprehend verbal instructions.
• Strong knowledge of production methods, systems, and continuous-improvement processes applicable to position.
• Ability to assume new job duties/responsibilities.
• Ability to work effectively and efficiently alone or as part of a team.
• Ability to meet Company’s SOP standards for quality, work effectiveness, work quantity, and productivity levels.
• Ability and willingness to read, understand, and adhere to all Company policies, work rules, and safety rules that are applicable to position and production areas.
• Willingness and ability to influence team-members in safety work practices.
• Ability to accurately complete job-generated forms, reports, and documents.
• Ability to perform the physical requirements of the job (manual dexterity, standing requirements, etc).
• Color vision acuity to detect various customer color codes.
SELECTION GUIDELINES The appropriate knowledge, skills and abilities required for this position are achievable through the following combination of education, work experience and training: EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & TRAINING • High School Diploma or equivalent GED Certificate; and
• Five (5) or more years of work experience in print packaging; or
• Any combination of experience, education, and training that provides the level of knowledge, skills, and experience needed to successful perform the job.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK CONDITIONS The essential functions of this job require the employee to perform the following physical activities during the course of work: • Communicates orally with management, team members, and other employees, in one-on-one or group settings.
• Position requires the incumbent to stand while performing job duties (typically for 8-hours or more per day).
• Position requires the incumbent to walk, stoop, bend, kneel, lift, and reach, in the performance of job function.
• Manual dexterity required (repetitive arm and wrist movement such as grasping, gripping); exposure to arm and wrist fatigue. Position also requires the ability to use hands to write/print legibly, and the use of hands to operate PC.
• Lifting requirements for this position: 30-40 lbs.
• Specific vision abilities include close and distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth vision, color acuity, and the ability to adjust focus as needed/required.
• Noise level in this work environment is typically moderate to high (depending on productivity levels).
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, demanding work environment to meet customer delivery dates.